8 Replies

Nan Pro is a spray-dried milk formula powder preferable for babies up to 6 months old. The milk powder’s main ingredients are Whey Protein, Zinc, Iron, and vitamins A, C, and D. Nan Pro is easy to digest and is recommended for babies who cannot breastfeed due to medical reasons or latching problems. On the other hand, Nestle Lactogen is a spray-dried milk formula powder; it has a 60:40 whey casein proportion and is a substitute for breast milk for infants up to 6 months. It is plain milk powder for infants to be used as a supplement for breastfeeding. Generally, it is recommended for babies who stay hungry due to lower milk production in mothers. Nan Pro is a more beneficial option for infants when compared to Lactogen due to its advanced formulation, but it is more expensive. While Nestle Nan Pro contains DHA/ARA, Lactogen is dried milk powder without vital nutrients & minerals that promote a baby’s overall development. For more information, you can refer to the following article. https://www.bestmom.in/lactogen-vs-nan-pro/

It is a challenge to find the right formulae milk for little precious babies. It will be good to seek advise from pd. The challenging part is there are no sample packs for stage 1 and is usually expensive to buy whole tin from supermarket but baby is rejecting. Best is to speak to Nestle consumer at 800 601 1633 as they are the experts in their own products. Hope the info helps.

VIP Member

The main, most common one is NAN Optipro 1 - the others are basically just different mainly because of their manufacturing countries. HA formula are hypoallergenic ones specially formulated for children with cow's milk allergy - if your child does not have that, please do not use HA because it's bitter (not pleasant to taste) and might cause other issues.

I had the exact same experience too, I didnt know which one to get. I stumbled across this article which was pretty helpful: http://sg.theasianparent.com/the-6-best-infant-formulas-shopping-guide-special/ You'll have to click into the gallery!

Yesyes! For. Start try the normal Nan Optipro first. Dont go to HA if ur bby dont have such problem hege

VIP Member

I actually prefer aptamil or enfa over nan. Think closest to breast milk is just a marketing fallacy

I also prefer Aptamil or S26!

Taste of Nan is not as sweet as other milk. That is why most say is closest to breast milk.

Mine used to be on Similac before I switched to Friso as it’s better for digestion.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles