Resignation...

I plan to tender my resignation after I end my maternity leave.. but however, my boss felt that I must work cos she kind of feel that I "cheated" if I never resume work after my ML.. when I told her that I need to take care of baby, then she said i could send my baby to IFC or hire a maid.. so i dont know what to do now.. I have another 1 week before my ML ends..

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ml is our entitlement, and if after having kids our priority changes like maybe you've decided to put kids first instead of work, and if you and your partner can manage with just one income. Why not? Or maybe some of us want to look after our lo till they start schooling then we start working? It's fine too. Dont let your employer tell you what to do or what's right and wrong. Because the truth is? With or without us, the company will still go on.

Read more

It depends on the employment terms of your organisation and your priority. If you want to be with your kids then you can serve the notice period , or you can also pay off the notice period and be at home with kids :) Just go ahead with whichever makes you happy

VIP Member

Please note that you can only tender you resignation on the last day of your maternity leave. And you have to serve notice according to your employment terms.

Super Mum

If you really need to look after baby, there’s nothing wrong to resign. Just serve your notice and hand over your jobs properly.

VIP Member

You will need to serve your notice period as per your contract - alternatively pay off the notice period and not go back to work.

VIP Member

der is nothing wrong if u resign. Its your say not your boss. Wat does your boss think of herself. Priority is your child ok.

VIP Member

You can resign, nothing wrong.