After maternity want to tender resignation

Hi mommies, is it ok if after my maternity leave I will tender a resignation letter to my company as I cannot bear to leave my son the 16 weeks is not enough to spend time with him plus I don't want to miss his milestone. I will go find a job after reach 1 year plus what do u think mommies, I need advice pls.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Why not? I would do the same if I could. Maybe you can give a heads up to your superior/boss so they can find a replacement in the meantime. Don’t forget that you need to serve the 1-month notice period when you resign, so make arrangements for that on your end too.

Hi, It is really dependent on how comfortable you feel financially with this decision. It is good to get more bond time with baby but better to take the decision taking financial aspect into account as well :) I suggest do discuss this with your husband as well.

4y ago

My husband says I resign and takecare my son first as pandemic n all my mother could not come and tc my baby if I put him on infant care sure I will worry that much as he will turn 4 mos that time

If financially allows I would do that as well :) you are really a sweet mom, willing to stay by you BB side to witness all his growth!

TapFluencer

if financially is not an issue pls go for it!

4y ago

Thank u for the advice 🙂