Separation anxiety

I felt so sad that I have to leave my baby for work. Life must go on. Currently my mil look after my baby while we both working. I'm ok that my mil look after my baby but i just felt like she don't want me to spent more time with my baby after I reached home. My intention to sleepover her house so that I can spend time with my baby but instead she took away my baby. I really don't like it. I thought of sending my baby to infant care next year. I know is quite expensive. But what is your suggestions for this? Today is my 1st day came back from work and I felt so anxious and sad. If can I don't want to work I just want to look after my baby. But I have to work due to financial saving plan for future. I'm just sharing whatever i feel because I have no one to talk to.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Could it be that she felt you could be tired after a long day of work and want to help care for baby when baby is fussy? it's only the first day, perhaps tomorrow when you see baby you can say 'mummy misses you when at work/ I have waited the whole day to carry you' to baby in the presence of your mil and husband. repeat afew times to get your message across.. if your mil wants to help you can also tell her you want to spend more time bonding with baby and she must be tired after whole day caring for baby. if she still insist or take baby away then perhaps disxuss with your husband and see what can be done..

Read more

Baby is yours and you are the mother. So no one will take your place. As for working, maybe can think of it as saving for your baby’s future where the money will come in handy. Try to see how you can plan your time around your baby as best you can and knowing that you’re already doing the best you can. Sending you positive vibes!

Read more