Hi may I know how many months onwards we can bring baby to cinema. So keen to go for movie but nobody can help us to look after our baby :(

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It depends how comfortable you are bringing your child to the cinema, and how your child reacts to loud noises! I know of parents who bring their child to movies as early as 2-3 months old, but also know of others who haven't been to one even at 3-4 years old. I'd say it'll also depend on your comfort level because in cinemas, there are many stimulations in cinemas - especially if you're watching a not-so-child-friendly show :x Normal movie screenings have loud volumes and bright screens, so even if LO is looking away it may over-stimulate or scare them too. There are some special movie screenings that are child-friendly, the lights are dimmed and the volumes are set lower - they also set up diaper changing stations nearby. However, these are NOT the most recent movies and they are all children movies haha :x You can find them in places like Shaw or GV, usually on a particular weekend of each month

Read more
VIP Member

there isn't a rule but it depends on your comfort level. I started bringing mine to the movies when he was Ard 5 months plus old cause no one can take care of him. he will normally sleep right through the movie. when he was 7-8 months old he watched 1 animation movie and was jumping and dancing along. We went to GV when they had screening for mum's and babies once, it's volume is softer, the cinema was not totally dark, free seating and there is a changing station available too, just that the movies will be usually kids friendly. now at 28 months old my boy will still sleep through half the movie at least.

Read more
VIP Member

my hub and i used to watch lots of movies. we totally cut out. we tried bringing in at around 7 months. i usually take the last row, alsie seat or side seat near to the exit. usually exit is more centralised but not for all cinemas. if you are concerned about loudness, dont worry about last row. speakers are usually in middle and 3rd row from back.

Read more

Check out GV for their mums and babies events. But it is usually during weekdays day time ... diaper station will be provided and is ok for babies to cry . However only on selected shows

The younger the better.. They would sleep through.. Older harder coz they would get bored and want to walk about. And I think they're only allowed in for no peak shows?

Actually i brought baby to the movie at about 3 months old. I went on a weekday though. Nobody at all. Haaha. And i latched him on in a sling. Didnt have a problem.

Oops. I went once confinement was over. Almost 2mo. She sleep thru the movie. Up till now almost 5yo she falls asleep at least half of the movie. Haha.

7y ago

My 2nd child we only brought her to her first movie at 6mo. it was a huge mistake. she cried terribly. was so afraid of the loud noise. then we stopped because we can't even bring her to any school holiday events at malls too, she gets frightened with the loud sounds and kept crying non stop. we reintroduced movie to her after 1.5yo, she was okay already except she was so noisy, dont know how to behave in the cinema.