I am keeping my aggressive 4yr old at home mostly. The only place I take him out is places like temple so that there very few children present for him to hit unprovoked. If I take him to malls and on seeing a kid his age or younger he hits but some Singaporeans in mall make it worse by shouting directly at him....inciting him more. I wish they would just pass by and let me calm him or control him. I know nobody likes their child to get hit but if only they try to understand. May be it's asking for a lot.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Aggression is one of the ways a child can express himself. Frankly speaking, you need to look into what causes the aggression. Is he feeling neglected so he gets aggressive just to have your attention? Has he been exposed to violence too often? Has he been subjected to any form of hurt or bullying? Did a major incident happened to him that causes a change in him to be aggressive? Keeping him at home is not a solution, unfortunately. Humans need interactions. It could be that he has difficulty relating to any persons and that will require more professional helps.

Read more

I realize that this situation is very difficult for you but try not to keep the child at home. It might negatively impact his development. -> Try rewarding your kid for good behavior -> Have you tried enrolling the kid in sport activities? This might help channel his aggression. Good coaches can sometimes be boon to child's development. Hope it helps and your situation improves!!

Read more

would u consider letting your 4yr old see a therapist to see if can get to the root of the problem? sometimes children may have special needs, and when properly diagnosed, they can be better helped to learn to cope. i work in a school and 1 similar example i see now n then are kids with asperger or anger management who face difficulty in getting along with others socially.

Read more