I have been having issues with my husband since firstborn arrived. Now, having a 2nd kid, who is a reflux infant, at home doesn't help with the situation. I kind of lose patience easily and am treating my second child differently from my firstborn. At times I hate my second child so much I would slap him. Or throw small objects at him. Or throw him onto the bed. He'd cry badly and I'd let him cry for an hr or so. I'm thinking maybe I hate my husband so much that I'm transferring the hate to my second kid. But he's only 4months old. I really am disgusted with myself but I cannot seem to control myself. I feel very stressed, especially when my husband becomes passive aggressive and I have to 'play along' to avoid blowing up at him... For example, my husband knows that I get angry when he meddles with my laundry. When some days I don't treat him very nice cos I'm feeling tired and needed a break myself, he'd go meddle with laundry and stain white clothes with colored, then he'll say he's sorry and he won't do it again. But he'll do it again. And again. And again. I know scolding him will make him worse as I have experienced before. So I'd smile and say it's ok and pretend it's nothing. Then I turn angry towards my kid. I'm very frightened. Is there a hotline or professional help I could go to?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

U need to go for counseling. Family service centers usually have some helpline. U need help in ur marriage and also in management of ur emotions. It's v unfair to let ur kids take the brunt and it's times like that when unthinkable hurt is done to the kids. Pls settle ur adult issues. If u are impatient with baby, it's ok to let him cry for a while in a safe environment. Pls don't ill treat him because he is just a baby and is totally innocent

Read more
VIP Member

This is pretty serious stuff. Firstly thanks for reaching out to all of us. You need help. You cant take it out on your kid like this. He’s a wee one and has no ability to protect himself. You need to course correct immediately. I sorry you are having such a hard time but it’s no excuse to be this way with your child

Read more

Hey u are under depression. Please get professional help from clinic instead of family service cuz they tend to be fully book n some therapist come n go

https://app.msf.gov.sg/Policies/Marriages/Marriage-Counselling Or if u have a religion, there is usually some form of counseling and support services

Hey sweethearts, cheer up. You need professional help. Could you seek treatment, if you are im willing to share it with you.