Covid-19 woes. Live as normal or stay careful?

Hi mummies, my baby is coming 7 months and I’ve rarely took him out due to COVID-19. With the recent spike, I only dare to travel with him by cab and is only to my parents’ place, or go downstair for a walk. But I really hope to let him experience different places like malls, public transport, food centre and leave life as per normal so he will not be afraid easily. Wanna know if I am being too overly cautious or it’s the right thing to do. I guess my thought is that nobody knows when will it end (or if will end) so should I wait or let him live as per normal.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Agree with anon. Once baby is caught with the virus, it sure is painful. Babies will need to do frequent swab tests. It's already uncomfortable for us adults what more babies. Best to stay careful. I have an almost 8 mth old baby and I kept him at home. We are bored at home but no choice. The only time we went out was 2 weeks ago to my parents place and to the polyclinic for his vaccination. We've not had outings or dine out. His safety is my priority. I saw in Instagram, a 2 mth old baby who was C+ and then my PIL's neighbour's baby who is 8 mth old is currently also is C+. Hopefully our 'favourite people' do something to curb the rising numbers. It's very scary to see the numbers spike daily and the number of death.

Read more

his safety should always be 1st priority.. no point risking his safety so that he can experience malls and public transport. Whats the point if touch wood he fell sick. i bring my child only to my mums place or to the beach weekdays when its not crowded.