10 Replies

I'm like your husband. family ties are important (to me). that means being there for each other. while I agree children may (or may not) catch some bugs at the hospital, unless there's a SARS epidemic or similar, the children should go. this also serves to show the kids the importance of family. touch wood, if my wife is hospitalised, despite her objections I will still bring our kids to see her. I believe even tho she may get upset with my actions, she will treasure the presence of our kids. in similar vein, I trust this is how your husband feels. or in the opposite scenario.. If the hospitalised want to see the kids but the other parent refused to bring, how would the hospitalised feel? I know we are not talking about parents-child but rather grandparent-grandchild relationships, but the effect is similar. I also believe that even if the child catches a flu or something, it is just a passing inconvenience, not life and death. if what can be caught is that dangerous then the adults shouldn't visit the hospital as well. I understand your point of view. I had my differences with my wife on the same matter too. in the end, our kids didn't go to the hospital. trust me, I wasn't happy.

I don't mind but I will keep the visit duration short, say to around 15min. If LO is too young, I will try to carry him or her to minimize LO touching here and there at the hospital. After the visit, I will probably head straight home to give LO a quick shower. Sometimes, the act of bringing our kids to visit their grandparents on such circumstances will warm their hearts, especially if the kids are close to their grandparents. On the positive side, it may help them to recover faster! Would you feel the same way in the case of your own parents?

VIP Member

I'm one of those overprotective mums about things like this, my dad was hospitalized for a bit but I didn't bring my son there and strictly kept it to just video call instead. I also make sure that anyone who is sick/has been to the clinic/hospital goes straight to bathe before touching my son or anything that my son has. As adults, we are less susceptive to such viruses - but our kids aren't. I would very much rather be safe than sorry!

VIP Member

We do bring baby to hospital for visiting. We just make sure she wash her hands with soap and sanitise her hands properly afterwards. Some times also change of clothes. We Only don’t bring her in if it’s those kind of isolation ward. We just wait at ward downstairs. But ultimately it’s your own comfort level to bring or not to.

My father in law was in the hospital when my girl was below 1. At the beginning I was reluctant, but still go with LO coz put family priority, at most wash LO’s hands after visit and avoid letting her touch the things in the hospital. Also try to keep the visit short. Visited FIL for 2 days, LO was doing fine.

TapFluencer

I prefer not to bring toddlers to Hospitals. It is a place full of germs and bacteria. Toddler’s immune system is not robust enough to be exposed to such risky environment.

VIP Member

My dad was hospitalised and i didnt bring my baby to the hospital.. i brought baby to visit after he was discharged though

It’s better not to take young kids to hospital while visiting sick people, no matter what others might think.

True, hospital is filled with contagious germs so for the young and the elderly best to avoid visiting.

I believe we should bring our toddler to hospitals unless someone or something is very serious.

So u mean we should bring them unless there is something serious that we can't bring ? Is it what u mean ?

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles