I feel that I m so emotionally dependent on my husband that whenever we have a fight and not on talking terms, I feel extremely low that I don't feel like doing anything.. I get super depressed. Also my husband is not at all pampering sorts which is one of the reasons I get annoyed with him. How do I deal with this and wat shift I do to keep myself going in such situations so that my daily routine doesn't get affected.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, Firstly I think you should accept the fact that your husband nature is such that he won't pamper or cuddle you. It is not that he doesn't pamper you intentionally but the fact that his nature is such. So, when you accept this, thing will become easier for you. May be he feels immense love and care for you but because of his nature he is resting all his emotions inside him. Also, women on the other hand are softer as compared to men and more than anything else they are carried away by love and emotions. So, it is but natural that you get emotionally affected and dependant on him. But, now that you know his nature, you should change yourself. Since, changing him is something that he himself can do and you cannot force him. So, I think you must indulge yourself in some activity, or start working if you are already not and keep your mind engaged. When mind is engaged in something then it doesn't take too much pressure. You will be busy and will whole day not sit and brood if things are not going on fine between you two. And when you will not be too much involved this way, chances are your husband will too take a note of it and would put in efforts to make things work. Now, he knows that you are weak as in emotionally too dependant on him so he may be taking you for granted at times. Also, in a relationship there comes many times when you fight and things are not working fine, and if you will be so emotionally dependant on him, you will keep thinking all day and it can make you stressed and can lead to illness. I suggest pick up some hobby or activity or anything that you like to do, so that you have something of your own to fall back upon. Where your energies are put so that you do not stress yourself over such issues.

Read more
7y ago

Thanks

im sorry to hear that you are going through this, but i have also been in this situation. sometimes, we need to give ourselves, and our relationship, a shake up. i suggest you start looking at ways to be independent yourself, where you can also make some money maybe. if you have the time you can go for a regular office job, or try work from home options. take time out for yourself. do things that you like to do with friends. go on lunch dates with your kid(s). once your hubby sees you are happy and on your own, he may turn around. otherwise, you can always speak to him directly and tell him whats going on in your mind..

Read more
TapFluencer

Hi, I feel for what you're going through. I feel it all could be due to lack of communication between you and your husband. Making the effort to have open discussions about issues such as this reduce chances of any other such problems popping up in your marriage. talk to him and tell him how you feel. Have you tried that? Men are very different communicators from women. They don't really get insinuations and hints. So, if something he is doing is annoying you, and it doesn't seem like he is reacting to your moods, please talk to him about it and be frank.

Read more

You have to be strong on your own. Emotional dependence of this level is crippling. Try to figure out why you seek his emotional approval at all?