How To Get Husband Involved In Pregnancy Process

I'm a ftm, I can't find my husband involvement or excitement for my pregnancy. Like for example he will not auto touch my belly unless I ask him so, or wanting to speak to baby, instead he is more interested to touch my boobs. He also never ask on baby or how I feel. When I shared with him on the baby's clothing that I saw online but he like no feeling. I don't feel his involvement or excitement, and I feel quite sad about it. I joined mummies chat group and saw the mummies are sharing their hubby are so excited, keep wanting to feel the baby through the belly etc. Sometimes I will just joke with him that other husband is touch belly, u keep touching boobs, he will just joking reply touch from top to bottom ma. But I can feel the touching of belly is just for the sake of touching becos I say him. How to make husband to have more involvement in my pregnancy?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had a similar experience. Our pregnancy was unplanned, so my husband didn't embrace it as much as I hoped. We tried to keep an open communication on our thoughts and feelings. I know he wasn't ready and I also told him about my disappointment. Additionally, he just had a mental barrier that a baby is growing inside and the idea 'weirded' him out. I gradually got him more exposed to the idea of the baby, if that makes sense. It started with describing the details of ultrasounds to the baby's movements. Then getting my husband to touch my bump when the baby was moving. Over time he would touch or hold the bump voluntarily. There were a couple of times tears were involved but I can say now that things have turned around with time. He's definitely more involved now and I know he loves our child. Now that the baby is out, he chips in to help with tasks everytime I asked him to with no hesitation and he cuddles our baby when he gets a chance to. It'll be helpful to know your husband's thoughts or reasons for his behaviors. A couple can have different readiness for parenthood. I don't compare myself with others' journeys; comparison can be a thief of joy. Hope things get better for you :)

Read more

I think he is still trying to get used to the fact that the both of you are having a baby. My hubby also initially kept touching my boobs, and he admitted that he felt a little disappointed that we aren’t able to have sex during my pregnancy. But not to worry babe. Have him be engaged as much as possible. When the baby starts moving in your belly, let him know and describe the movements to him. Put his hand on your belly when the baby is active. He will be more interested in the baby when he/she is more active and can react to his touch and voice. 😊

Read more

Don’t be too affected by it! Why not you be the one who keeps talking and singing to your baby, engaging your baby all the time and slowly your husband would also want to interact with the baby especially when your little one kicks and responds to your voice :) stay strong!

Hey same here. Giving him time too. But try not to think so much about it. Let's just hope it will get better once baby is out but try not to rely so much on him to avoid disappointment at least that's what I am doing.

Same haha. Even when baby was moving, I asked him faster look at it but he would just look at his phone. However now baby is out, he couldn’t even be apart with our LO for even a day.

Everyone is different. Their uniqueness makes them interesting. And he's still touching your boobs! He is still interested!

You can actually make your husband talk to the baby, make him hear the baby kicks, go on shopping with him for baby

You can actually make your husband talk to the baby, make him hear the baby kicks, go on shopping with him for baby

Have a talk with him.

TapFluencer

Can talk about it