Devil mummy

I feel like I’m a devil mummy. I start to hate my first born now and then. I felt that I don’t really love her. I know I’m responsible in guiding her and teaching but despite numerous reminder not to teach her sibling to do unnecessary stuff and behave like a monkey in the public she just take it to the deaf ears. At time I really wants to love her more but all she does is cry and cry. Things she lost out to her sibling she starts to cry and she cry literally everyday! I felt so annoyed whenever she cries. When told not to play with her sibling she just refused to listen and insist playing when ended up losing she cry again. In public when told her not to do so yet she literally just do it to show she is the boss. And today I can’t take it anymore that I actually slapped both of them in public. I feel so bad and I’m really a bad mom. In their eyes I’m like a devil Mummy. I don’t know what to do with them anymore nor teach them Cos no matter how I teach they just won’t listen. What should I do? And it not that I don’t spend time with them. I made the effort to bring them out on weekly activities despite without their daddy. But seems like their behaviour is just like such a way. I feel like I’m on the mist of breaking down and I starting to hate her for being so ignorant.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

1. Take a breather from the kids. 2. Consider going for behavioural classes or therapy. KKH has this at their child development unit. It may sound drastic and expensive but it isn't necessarily the case. 3. Do not be violent to them. Children emulate behaviour. You slap them out of anger, not just discipline, they'll think it's ok to do the same to you when they are angry and it spirals out of control. 4. If they misbehave in public when they are on an outing treat, where possible, stop the outing and head home immediately. That in itself is punishment to them. My parents did the same to me and my brother, we learnt eventually to behave in public.

Read more

Oh nooooo. Please do not take out your anger on your kids. Take a step back and breathe. I know it’s not easy to handle kids with their daddy. But you’re all they have now, and do know that despite their tantrum, you mean the whole world to them:-( Talk to someone perhaps?

VIP Member

Oh noooo... It sounds like you're super stressed and taking this out on your child. Do try and get some help or at least talk to someone about it. Though motherhood is never easy, children are always innocent and they need our love and guidance at this stage. Take care!

Its definately not easy, as seems child is showing who is boss. I understand you are stressed, please do get help from child counselling

Omg Don’t feel that way Still your child She’s crying for attention Separate your time to cater to both

Read more