unemployed and pregnant

i am currently so worried for the future because i am unemployed and pregnant. my husband is the only one working. even so, what he earns is just enought for both us. what more when the baby arrives. i found out i was pregnant the day i went for job interview. what are the odds, eh? 2 days after the interview i was offered the job. however i decided to tell the HR i was pregnant and was told the company do not hire pregnant women. previously, i had miscarriage. resigned and i took awhile to go back to work. now that i am ready, God grant me another baby. i just need to rant. if any mummies out there who has similar experience pls share. i need assurance that everything is going to turn out okay. my husband doesnt complain that im not working. he even assures me everyday that its okay and all he wants is for me and the baby to be healthy. but i feel so guilty for putting all the burden onto my husband :(

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy, i’ve always said this to my friends and i’m going to say the same thing to you too. don’t worry yourself over the inevitable. instead of thinking ‘what if’, try to make the best out of your current situation. you said you are guilty for putting all the burden on your hubby.. then please cheer up! welcome your tired hubby back with a positive note. do not make him worry about you when he’s already tired from work ya. :) the best way to repay your hubby is being happy and giving birth to a healthy kiddo at the end of all this. 😊😊😊

Read more

Don't worry! Having a baby should be happy news for you both and don't let anything take that away from you. I'm sure your husband will rather you be focusing on taking care of your body so can have a smooth pregnancy and nothing more important than a healthy baby. Use this time to take good care, relax and enjoy your pregnancy!! The rest can come later As the Chinese saying goes 船到桥头自然直,everything will work out in the end as long as you and hubby work together hand in hand. Jiayou.

Read more

Its gonna be fine with a little struggle within yourself. I am unemployed and pregnant at the moment (34w+3), but that doesn’t mean you will not go back to work after giving birth. Its just a temporary situation for the both of you. Dont worry to much, dont rush into thing. Live in the moment and enjoy your pregnancy. Spend a lil lesser than usual wont hurt abit. Its normal to feel guilty at some times, but dont let it drag your mood down. Happy mom = happy bb = happy hub = happy family.

Read more

Hi Mummy, i am also unemployed since I got pregnant and my husband is the one supoorting me. I am 7 months pregnant now and will see till LO is 6 months old- 12 months to see if I am ready to go back to work. As long as your hubby supports you don't think too much. You are a TEAM. I also feel that I am burdening my husband but I take it that Ia am resting my body and preparing for baby arrival. Meanwhile, u can just make sure house is clean and do some cooking:) So u feel worthy too!

Read more
5y ago

Yes by having a clean house and with home cooked food is already the best that you can do! your Hubby also will feel relaxed and can eat! 😊 Just don't worry too much. Enjoy ur pregnancy journey now. You have more time to enjoy and feel baby movements and talk to baby. You will also feel calm and less stressed and this will affect baby positively too. Keep going! You can think about contributing to the household financially when your body is ready ✌

Just want to send you lots of love and hugs. God give freely, he will definitely provide. None of us know what the future hold, but at this moment, you have enough and you are blessed with a baby and a supportive husband. These is what is important. The future will take care of itself in time to come. So for now, you just need to focus on your pregnancy, stay positive and healthy. A happy mama, a healthy baby. Take good care and God bless you and baby.

Read more

I’m currently a SAHM as I’m self-employed so I can’t work when I’m pregnant. I wanted to continue working but gave up when I was in week 12 as I kept having spotting and doc advised me to take more bed rest. I guess it’s the situation for most ladies, so do what you can to budget for your baby and try to return to work after you’ve given birth.

Read more

Dont worry.. i was in a similar situation as u. 1st child i was retrenched when he was 4 mths. 4 yrs on and having a 2nd baby i still havent go back to work. Everything will be just fine. U just need to know how to budget and finance well

don't worry just try to save a bit here and there shouldn't have much problems. most importantly is to take care of your health. only when you are healthy and happy baby will also be healthy and happy. stay strong!

VIP Member

I have the similar situation whereby my company don’t want to confirm me and force me to resign. Yes, I resigned after I discussed with my spouse as he want me to be stress free.

Glad to read some positive comments here and that baby will bring better luck. Keep positive thinking, mummy. Remember there’s always govt subsidy or financial help you can tap on.