Leaving..

i am coming to 31weeks pregnant and things are not working out with my husband. i decided that i do not want to continue with the relationship anymore, deep in me of course i do want to cause we've been together for 4years and this is our first baby together.. but as i look into how things are and how he treats me after every argument or times when i have my anxiety attacks etc he doesnt seem to care even when i told him about my feelings and what i want. i am in pain every day now because my depression and anxiety attacks are back in life and all i need is attention, xtra love & assurance now that i am in my third trimester but he is not understanding it. there was once i was at my parent's and anxiety attacked me of course they would call my husband but he got mad at me because the call didnt get through and he didnt receive anything from me or my family saying that they lie and all. am i doing the right thing? i have been trying to endure everything since the start of my pregnancy but its the same.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Deeply sorry for what you feel and the things happening around you. I myself am diagnosed with anxiety disorder, years before I got pregnant this year. I am glad my husband understands and help me through as he's seen me many times having the attack episodes. Even the dr that diagnosed me help me to make my husband understands. Maybe try to live with your parents until you give birth? You need someone to look after you too, even after birth. Postpartum depression is very dangerous. Then decide after that if you both need a counselling or go ahead with the divorce. Your mental health is more important now that you're carrying a baby inside you. It is important to be stress free as it will affect your baby. Focus on your well being first. I wish nothing but the best for you, your baby and your marriage. May you have all the strength to go through this difficult time.

Read more

For me, I feel that post partum was more emotionally and physically stressful as compared to during pregnancy as it was my first time being a mum and it takes some time to get used to the new set of routine, the crying baby, the need to constantly feed/carry her etc. Not to mention you also need ample rest after delivery. I don't have a solution for you, but I would suggest you start planning who you are going to have to take care of you (preferably round the clock since your husband does not seem to be very involved). There are also support groups out there if you just need someone to talk to or a platform to seek help.

Read more

i m sorry to hear this happening to you . i think at this point most important thing is your health n your baby's health until delivery to put on priority. if you already try your best n nothing change, let it be n seek help/supports from your family/ friends /professional Dr to help get you through this n delivery 1st. then leave or not can wait after. dont overload yourself too much to solver everything now. i wish you all the strength to go thru this n a smooth delivery!

Read more

i had this too at times when i was emotionally depress but my husband don even try to understand the pregnancy hormones.. so i have to bear it all on my own.. but sometimes it gets better only at times we will go through this.. maybe u can sit down and talk, discuss rationally and say out what both of u are struggling with each other..

Read more

maybe the pregnancy is causing you to be more depress. see if it gets better after baby is born, just a few more weeks