I cannot handle how dumb my maid is. She's amazing with baby but just really dumb with everything else. I am a full time working mum and my baby goes to infant care so my helper does not have that much to do. I don't intend to let her go but can u teach me coping strategies to her absolute sheer stupidity?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I totally feel you. I also have problems with my helper who is good with my children but always slips up in other tasks, and I'm running out of patience. While I'm also trying hard to cope, I think the following may help: 1. Have very low expectations. Means don't expect that she'll use common sense, because what is common sense to you may not be common sense to her. You have to understand that helpers are not well educated. 2. Tell her where she's wrong every time she makes a mistake. 3. Give super crystal clear instructions, and demonstrate to her how to do things. Eg when you tell her to wash clothes, tell her very clearly and show her how to put the clothes in the washing machine, how much detergent to use, what settings to use, how to dry the clothes, how to iron them, how to fold them etc. 4. If there are written instructions printed on any label, don't expect her to read and understand them by herself because she'll somehow read it differently from us. Read it for her and tell her how to use it. 4. Repeat yourself like a robot when you give her instructions. If she needs to do the same task again the next day, be long winded and repeat your same instruction again the next day. Make sure she writes down your instructions. In short, sorry to sound harsh, but if she's acting dumb, then u got to handle her like a dumb person and teach her things from scratch, as if u are teaching a child. Take this as an opportunity to train up your patience in readiness for your child. Good luck!

Read more

Hi, dont be surprised that actually your maid is not really dumb but pretending to be. My helper is an ex Sing and had worked in sing for 4 yrs before working for my family. She came pretending to be dumb, used things wo asking, slept late etc though all these rules are spelt out to her. I got tired of repeating so I got her to repeat and write down what she understood from me. It was perfectly correct. She claimed she has poor memory but can rmb pay day and off day very well. For the first few months, I got to ask her to write down what I wanted her to do like Mon: wipe all windows etc. I had a list of things she had to do and given the amount of time, I think is very manageable. The schedule repeats weekly and eventually, she got the hang of it. Very frustrating and tiring to keep repeating myself and come back with things done wrongly or never do. So I always tell myself, close an eye as long as my child is well taken care of.

Read more

In the 1st place, why do U need a maid if your infant goes to infant care? Have someone coach her at home during the 1st 3 months especially to teach and guide her what to do and you need to tell her your expectations. Don't think too highly of them that they can work like wonder woman, You may wish to have a time table drawn up for her to follow too.

Read more

If Yr helper can be picked by u and go to Yr hse to work, I don't think so she is stupid. She may either be really unsure but dare not ask for the fear of u sending her back or she is pretending. Give her some time. U should also give yrself some time. Hope all works out well for u.

Read more

How long has she been working for you? Is this her first time overseas? Maybe she needs time to adjust. Also, I agree with Samantha. What is her main task? If it is childcare and she is amazing with your kid, then I would not stress myself over other tasks.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-13402)

VIP Member

What is the main role of your maid? There definitely isn't a maid that is good in everything so to me, as long as she is doing ok in her main role, I'd close one eye in other areas.

Can you provide more specific examples of what is happening to make you think that your HELPER is stupid?

Dont say that some people maybe learn thing slow not dumb. Give her sometime to cop.