Attending weddings

Can I (3 months pregnant, Chinese) attend a muslim friend wedding? Heard about such superstition but I'm not very sure

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went to 4 or 5 weddings when i was pregnnt. The last i went was 3 days before i deliver hahaha. I was heavily pregnnt and walking was hard. But i still go cz it was quite near. I was soo happy cz i get to meet all my relatives whom i havent met for awhile and they get to see how i am too. All very excited for my baby. Quick updates and goooood foood!! 😂

Read more
TapFluencer

Depends on individual No *pantang* for me, I do everything during my pregnancy.. as long as mummy happy and comfortable, try avoid listening too much (ie who who say cannot do this do that ...) if not you will feel uneasy after attending

I also heard of that! My friend and I are Chinese that's why my friend didn't attend my wedding. I didn't go for Muslim friend wedding during pregnant because due to crowd and hot.

4y ago

I guess it depends on individual. Like 'chong xi'

VIP Member

Just a superstition. When I was pregnant I attended most event. Just be careful and you're good to go plus there's food! 😅

Super Mum

The pantang is that your baby will be jealous to share the limelight with the bridal party. It’s completely baseless.

Why not? I don't see a problem. I went to a wedding when I was about 16 weeks

It’s fine to attend wedding. Just avoid wakes will do.

Can!!! Not a problem at all. Got good food also 🤪

As long as you are invited :)

Thanks all for sharing! :))