Do I need to let my friend know that I’m pregnant before attending her wedding?

It’s an overseas wedding and we were invited before I got pregnant.. wondering if we should ask them in case they are pantang about this..? Or it’s not necessary. (They are Chinese)

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same thing happened to me, I was supposed to be bridesmaid at a Bali wedding and found out I was pregnant a month before the wedding. I had to let the bride know, because we are both party girls and I wanted her to know the reason why I won’t be drinking at the wedding and the pre-parties! 🤣 (also had to give her a heads-up in case I won’t be able to fit into the bridesmaid dress anymore! Lol)

Read more
12mo ago

Oh aww so cute 😆 thanks for the reply! Hehe

Can check with her. I got a friend who invited me for her wedding before i got pregnant.. nearly her wedding i found out i was pregnant so for safe I let her know about it and also check with her family are they pangtang anot but her family is pantang so I didn't attend her wedding.

12mo ago

Thanks for replying! Oh wah some people are really quite particular then I should check 😅

If you’re worried they are pantang then best to ask :) If you don’t wish to let others know, just ask her to help you keep it a secret regardless if she’s pantang anot 😊.

12mo ago

Thank you!:))