can pregnant women attend weddings?

Hi all, anyone know if there any superstition for pregnant women not to attend weddings or be sisters?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I attended a few wedding receptions but not be sisters. Reason why we have this superstition is because ancient people think pregnant women should rest more and not get overly tired by attending function. Do check with the new couple family if they mind you attend the wedding prayer or ceremony in the morning

Read more

It depends on how superstitious the parties are. Generally I would ask if it's okay for me to attend the wedding. Some people are okay, some people may not be comfortable. Some are okay with you attending as a guest but not be a sister.

It’s alright to attend, best to check with the groom or bride if their family is superstitious. I’ve attended a number of weddings and baby showers, both from friends and family. It’s a joyous occasion

VIP Member

Sorry, but why would you care so much about superstitions? 😅 I think you should be more concerned with too much crowd, heat, quality of food and others that will actually affect your well being. 😊

TapFluencer

I think it's depend on you but for what I know those pantang one is first 3 month cannot. You have to ask your fren if they are pantang.

I'll check with the groom/bride if they're pantang instead haha.. If they're ok i'll be more than happy to join in!

Yes for wedding dinner but better to avoid the morning session...whr alot of wedding bride stuff u cnt touch...

This is very subjective to individual. If you care, don't go. If you are totally fine with it, why not?

VIP Member

Of course its ok. I attended 2, one was few days before giving birth.

Super Mum

I attended as a guest. Pregnant and be sisters maybe abit too tiring