Lost . Hub confessed that he loves his colleague

I am 17wks preggy with my 2nd baby. My husband confèssed to me that he loves the female colleague tht he was closed with . This has been on goìng for a good 1.5years. I tried to accept that he likes her, they are closed , but its crossed my limits to kñow thst he loves her.. What should i do...

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My heart goes out to you, this is a horrible thing to hear. He is not a teenager unable to control his emotions and understand responsibilities anymore. No matter what, he needs to know what is more important to him, his family or his relationship with the colleague (even if it is not mutual). If he values his family, there are steps he can take. Distance himself from her, maybe change his job. Marriage is a commitment that takes two to make work. You should also decide if you can still accept him, regardless if he had cheated, and if you are willing to work on this together. If he decides otherwise... it is time to have a discussion about what next. There is no happiness in trying to make a one sided relationship work, you should grasp the best future for yourself and those you care about. All the best and hang in there! It's confusing and you can give yourself some time and space to get your emotions in check before you tackle this.

Read more

By keep telling you he doesn't know what to do makes me wonder is he thinking by telling you he loves that lady is indirectly checking will you accept that lady and status quo. Some questions you may want to consider: 1. Are you willing to forgive him if he decides to let go that lady? You must move on and forget about it if you decide to forgive him. 2. If he decides to let go that lady, will history repeats? Of course, doesn't mean it will happen again. He may just lost control this time. 3. Are you prepared to lose him? No point to hang in there if love is one-sided. 4. Both of you to seek marriage counseling? Please give yourself some time and space to get your emotions in check before making any decision. Speak to someone you can trust or a counsellor. You need support. Jia You 💪🌈

Read more

so Sorry to hear that. A marriage never breaks down within a day…it may be worth thinking about what your husband used to love about u, and what you loved abt husband that made both of u decide to marry in the beginning. What has changed or have come between you both over the years? Don’t mean to assume but usually the most obvious reason (in this case the female colleague coming between u both) is sometimes only the “appearance” and surface. It may possibly stem from a crack that existed and started in your marriage. Knowing where went wrong will probably give you a better picture and what you should next. Your husband is an adult and shld take responsibility like one. Marriage counseling can also help. Let me know if you need some contacts.

Read more
3y ago

Another point of consideration is, your husband is taking the shortcut of finding someone else to love him in replacement of you. Since now you’re busy with kids. That’s not solving problem but creating more problems. if….IF one day that female colleague bear him a child in future, he will complain again not enough attention from her because she also get busy taking care of the child. EVery mother will have maternal instincts, no one’s fault. Then, is it Same cycle happens? is It he will look for another lady again to fall in love? In my view, seems that he is avoiding and escaping the need to communicate with you to make the marriage work.

Super Mum

Have a good talk with him about whether he still wants to make the marriage work. If he wants to, then what is he prepared to do? Give up the girl? Go for counselling? You also need to think about what your limits are and what you’re willing to do to make it work. It’s a very difficult situation. I hope you get the support you need. Please reach out if you need a listening ear.

Read more
3y ago

Hang in there.. it may be wise to approach a professional counsellor to help both of you sort it out since both are clueless. Jia you!

keeping quiet about it for 1.5years before deciding to tell you ? Why do you think he decides to tell you? I think it meant something...

3y ago

we are in this situation for 1.5years. at first,he says he likes her. but for the kids and our marriage, we decidedto work things out. its up ànd down but i didnt expect that he endup loving her now..

Hang in there mummy! Please have a good talk with him. Jia you. It’s never your fault