Husband and I have joint accounts since married. We always tend to quarrel over monetary issues. I closed my personal accounts while he kept his as he used that for his personal business dealings. Fine about it. But we just couldnt help but to always quarrel. Nt tt we are earning very minimal, combined income about close to 10k. We don spend on luxury goods or cars, however the spending seems huge and lead to big quarrel. Really hate it. Feels like im gonna go into depression mode. Preg with no2 in my 28 weeks. Feeling irritated and annoyed! ???

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe you can suggest an alternative arrangement with your husband: set up a joint savings account and each commit to contributing a fixed sum each month into it to build up your savings which both of you can view and monitor. This joint acct can be used for rainy days/family holidays. But each have a separate account which your salary gets credited into, and you each manage your own expenses. So long as each contributes an agreed fixed sum into the savings acct every month, what you spend on privately shouldn't matter. Consider that :) My husband and I have had this arrangement since we started planning for marriage. I'll transfer whatever bonuses too into this joint savings besides a fixed sum each month but of course if he wants to spend on big ticket items like tv etc, we have to discuss and agree on it together first.

Read more