My husband and I are busy and decided to keep our second son at his grandparents' for his first two years. Will this impact our relationship later?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You have two kids and you need to work out a system to handle both the children. Sending them to their grandparents is not recommended because no one can take the place of the parents. Believe me I know as I grew up with my grandmother. Although she loved and caref for me tremendously only I know how much I missed having my parents around. Plus you will miss out on all the wonderful moments of his growing up! What memories will you have to cherish?Why would you want to separate the two kids too? Bonding between the siblings will not take place either.Infact the younger one might feel jealous that his elder brother is more loved and that's why you sent him away . This will surely affect relationships. Take time to figure out how you can make some more time for your children. I'm sure that you will be able to find a solution. All the best.

Read more

Hi, I am sure you have your reasons to do so, but if you ask me, I would say yes, it could definitely affect the personal relationships. The first few years of a baby's life are extremely critical. The baby starts to form a strong emotional connect at this age, and most of the developmental milestones also happen around this time. In my case, both my daughters have bonded with me and my husband tremendously in the first few years, and the bond is only growing stronger. Also, since you mentioned this is your second son, it also means that your children will lose out on those precious years of bonding with each other. If possible, I would suggest you try and keep your kids with you. Else try and fit in as much time with them both as possible, as a family. All the best :)

Read more

Why do you want to deprive your son of his parents' love and affection? Grandparents cannot take parents place. There are many working couples who spend quality time with their children. Children just need the parents around. What will change after 2 years? Of course, there are couples who are happy with this arrangement but personally I would say No.

Read more

U will miss out on the best years of ur sons life. These years will pass quickly and never come back. Opportunities to make money and keep busy will keep turning up...but the opportunity to form the initial bond that takes these crucial growing years to form will not come again.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-10920)