Husband discourages me to work full time even home-based because he doesn't want my life tied to work. He will only allow me if I'll put up a business or join seminars for additional skills but says no to me being employed. We have a child and I already asked my mother to look after her if Im at work, but this is the cause of our argument. He feels that his responsibility of being a provider might be robbed. Is this true for some or almost of you?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

This is exactly what is happening to us. When I decided to quit my corporate job years ago, it was my goal to become a hands on mom. However, I felt that there is really a need for me to work, not just because it's an additional income for us, but because I still want to continue to learn and challenge myself even if I am now a hands on mom. I was able to land a job with a really great career opportunity and the pay was really very much competitive compared to what I was earning before. Unfortunately, my husband didn't appreciate it. It has been the source of our disagreements.

Magbasa pa
8y ago

Did you still continue to work or did you just complied with your husband?