Hubby likes to compare me with other woman feels others are better than me.Even kids also say other kids are better. Very hard to tolerate such behaviour. We are already so tired doing the housework taking care of kids sick also work avoid me time still don't appreciate. Don't know why man are like that! Very frustrating to hear the comments. As a wife always want our hubby to appreciate us why must compare. We also can compare other hubby like this and that but we don't. We accept. Tired. I hate him to compare me and kids with others. Have a loving atmosphere than things will be different right?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you! There is always someone who is doing better, the comparison will never end. Kudos to you for not retaliating by comparing him with others! That, will only lead to a vicious cycle and an unhealthy relationship. I would suggest pointing out how you are doing certain stuff better than someone else. Haha.. or even just comparing to him. I’m pretty sure you are handling the tasks much better than him. Hmm.. If I were you, I will probably ask him to do the task that he is commenting on (since he think that it could be done better). Perhaps in a joking manner so that he would not perceive it as me just being defensive. Ultimately, I think he might not be able to change, so best is just not to let his words get to you. I know it will be tough especially since it’s coming from your husband. If you ever feel that this is jeopardizing your marriage, do speak to him again and perhaps consider counselling (if it ever gets to that point) to help work things out. Take care mummy!! Big hugs to you!!

Read more
8y ago

Thanks for the advice gal.

The worst if saying you are fat or eat more than me. Tummy so big and don't help. Keep saying tired. The relationship actually getting worse and worse. I feel you. My hubby worsed. He will call home to scream at me if my son didn't listen to him when both of them go out. My son a bit mischievous kind and like to throw tantrum. My hubby will call me and asked me to beat him when he reach home. He will tell you if you don't beat and I will beat. I never say anything and never follow him.

Read more

If words don't work, try throwing everything on him, ignore him and go out and enjoy yourself for 1 whole day. I heard about this approach in another group and it actually works! In that case, the husband was forced to handle the children and maybe the housework all by himself, and then he became appreciative towards his wife after that. And don't feel guilty about having your me-time - you are definitely entitled to it. Taking care of the children is also the father's job.

Read more
8y ago

Thanks. He does help me out just that the words used were harsh.

It is v hard on you to hear those hurtful words instead of words of appreciation. At the end of the day, all mummies want the best for both the children and hub. We also want to do our best for our children. Go for self care; massage, shopping, tea break. I think only mummies understand mummies. Some men think that their children will grow up by themselves wo mummies' nurturing. If communication doesn't work, I think let him handle a day and see what he said.

Read more
8y ago

That's a good idea thanks

VIP Member

I hear your frustrations. Have you tried to talk to him about how his behaviour makes you feel?

8y ago

Yes but it still happens.