Hubby likes to compare me with other woman feels others are better than me.Even kids also say other kids are better. Very hard to tolerate such behaviour. We are already so tired doing the housework taking care of kids sick also work avoid me time still don't appreciate. Don't know why man are like that! Very frustrating to hear the comments. As a wife always want our hubby to appreciate us why must compare. We also can compare other hubby like this and that but we don't. We accept. Tired. I hate him to compare me and kids with others. Have a loving atmosphere than things will be different right?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you! There is always someone who is doing better, the comparison will never end. Kudos to you for not retaliating by comparing him with others! That, will only lead to a vicious cycle and an unhealthy relationship. I would suggest pointing out how you are doing certain stuff better than someone else. Haha.. or even just comparing to him. I’m pretty sure you are handling the tasks much better than him. Hmm.. If I were you, I will probably ask him to do the task that he is commenting on (since he think that it could be done better). Perhaps in a joking manner so that he would not perceive it as me just being defensive. Ultimately, I think he might not be able to change, so best is just not to let his words get to you. I know it will be tough especially since it’s coming from your husband. If you ever feel that this is jeopardizing your marriage, do speak to him again and perhaps consider counselling (if it ever gets to that point) to help work things out. Take care mummy!! Big hugs to you!!

Read more
8y ago

Thanks for the advice gal.