How old did you start solids for your baby? What are some of the recommended solids to introduce at the beginning? Thanks!

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Generally, at six months is when most parents will introduce solids to babies. Purees of vegetables and fruits seem to be a popular choice. Sweet potato and carrot combo is a fave with my friends. This article has all the basics you should know for introduction of solid foods :) http://sg.theasianparent.com/introducing-solid-food-to-your-baby-in-4-easy-steps/

Read more

i started when my baby was 5m+. and i would suggest you to start with something bland first. like rice and vegetables puree. only then you can introduce fruit puree. slowly slowly introduce something which have taste to them.

i started my baby on solids around the end of the 6th month. some of the first foods i gave my kids were boiled and mashed apples, bananas, boiled and mashed potatoes, very soft boiled rice and even fresh fruit purees.

I put a little cereal in with the milk about 2 months and then went to stage 1 around 4 months but you want your child to have more of your breast milk or formula then baby foods.

5y ago

no never us cereal at two months..they are still learning to suck on bottle are you trying to choke ur baby.. because it can happen

I started my son on solids at 4 months as he was not getting full from the milk he was drinking and slowly introduced mashed veggies

I started the day she turned 6 months. I started off with avocado + BM, pumpkin, apple, pear and many other fruits/vegs puree.

I started my boy at 4 months old. Not a full meal, i merely did the introduction of food.

avocados and bananas were my baby’s favorites; they’re also easy to scrape or smash

6 months , I went on a weaning course and it opened up my eyes alot

Super Mum

My lo started when they were 5 months plus. Started with rice cereal.