How many parents allow your helper to use the home computer?

How many parents allow your helper to use the home computer? Do you allow them to email or chat with their family and friends back home?

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Am Robert Mitchell USA , How i purchased Willy Wonka Golden Ticket from Wal-Mart #2605 in Gallipolis and won $15,000, It still feels incredible that my life has changed and I thank Dr Prince  everyday for his help. It is the best feeling in the world knowing that I am financially secure.Dr.Prince has proved that all the comment that i have read about him are all true, I am saying this now because before i contacted Dr.Prince i was having doubts if all what i have read about Dr.Prince are true but after contacting him, i believed that Dr.Price  is truly powerful and his spell has the capability to Win all kinds of lottery All thanks Dr prince, contact him today via [email protected] Text +18144484537  His website https://obinnaspelltemple.com/ he is specializes in the following 1:Love Spell 2:Protection Spell 3:Pregnancy Spell 4:Financial Prosperity Spell This Man has been of immense blessing to me and my friends and i am putting his email here to help the world at large know about his abilities and power to solve various types of problems

Read more

As my husband and I are both in IT, and tend to have more equipment at home than people, we've given our helper an old laptop and an old ipad. She is free to use it for personal use after the kids are in bed. We've talked about safety and security quite a bit. She's used it to take an online course in design, and to keep in touch with family. We keep a shared google calendar of kids events and who needs to fetch what kid where and when. That's also shared with my parents. I forward her emails that come from school, detailing kids homework and tests - as she supervises their homework on most days. She also helps them skype with me if they need help with their homework, she isn't able to assist (mandarin homework), and I know I'll be home late. She uses the ipad etc to look up recipes and other things that are useful for the household. Overall its been a real plus having her tech enabled.

Read more

I know of friends who let their helpers use their computers to Skype or Facebook with their family back home. I am personally comfortable with it if she accesses the computer with my permission and at a set time/day, for instance, at 9pm, twice a week, when her work is done for the day. My helper need not use the computer as she uses her own phone. But I think, be it the home computer or her personal mobile phone, the key is to set ground rules - to only chat when her work is done and that she seeks permission to do so, especially if it is on your personal computer.

Read more

i have a help who comes in the morning and leaves by evening, so there is no need to use the computer. however, i have a friend who has a live-in help. she does allow her weekly skype calls with her family back in her native place. i think it is a good way to let your help be emotionally stable and also care for your home without missing their loved ones too much.

Read more

i'd say to limit certain time of the day (say 2 hours after-work). many modern wifi routers have built-in function for limiting access to certain time of the day for a specific device, can be controlled easily.

VIP Member

Most of the helpers prefer to keep in touch with their families through their phones - video calls or phone calls. If she has completed her tasks and it is free time, I don't see why not.

I've not heard of helpers asking to use the computer. I would prefer for her not too. maybe you can let her use her phone or make a home call back. at the most video call for the instance.

For me i would refrain my helper to use my personal computer as there are some private documents and pictures of my children in my computer.

So far I've not had any helpers who know how to use the computer! I didn't know that there are helpers who would request though.

VIP Member

For me no, she has her own smart handphone to email, chat or call. Home computer is personal & Private .