Confinement

How long does mummies do confinement? Because of budget, thinking to reduce my confinement period.

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

At least 1 month. My wife did 1.5 month of confinement, eating Tonic and those nutritious home cooked confinement meals daily. Don't save on this confinement, it will impact your health in the long term. If your confinement is not done well, your health might suffer years or decades later. It is very important to replenish your body back with the nutrition and blood lost during delivery. If you didn't do this confinement well, your health and body will suffer later, nobody can help you except yourself. Take good care of your health, then you can take care of your baby and family. Money can always be earn back in future again, the most important thing is health.

Read more
VIP Member

My 28 days of confinement was done by just me and my hubby with some help of my mom for a few hours during the day to bathe baby. We didn't engage confinement lady as my date falls on the CNY period and i think paying double is too exaggerating. I ordered confinement catering and paid extra $388 (total $1.8k) for sumptuous CNY meals with lunch & dinner served twice daily. End of the day, almost $6k saved on a CL during Cny period.

Read more
Super Mum

Generally about 4 weeks. The first 2-3 weeks, you’ll still have a lot of pain/discomfort, so don’t cut down on getting help too much:) I didn’t have a confinement lady, but my husband was with me

VIP Member

Usually about a month for Chinese and up to 40 days for other customs. Can DIY confinement if it is due to budget issues. My hubby ordered the hetbal packs for each day and we did not have a nanny

I did 30 days, even though at day 29, I cannot be bothered anymore but food wise still continued till about 3 months (no chilli, seafood, cucumber and yam)

Same i adjusted my *confinement* due to budget. Perhaps u can share in which area u r thinking of reducing? For me i didnt get nanny help or herbs.

Usually is 1 month. But I did mine for 14days. But continue to eat nutritional food for the next 2 weeks.

Confienment 28days. No cold drinks for 60days and cold veg and fruits for 90days

28 days. Please don't cut short as it may affect your health in long run.

VIP Member

i have done confinement with my grandmother so i do it the whole month