How do you keep the fire burning in your marriage? The first year with a child was a bit of an adjustment period. I felt that my husband was my 2nd priority. Date nights were less. I try to keep up by cooking him delicious meals and tending to his needs. Now that we've adjust well. I wanna keep the fire burning in our marriage as if we're still in our honeymoon stage.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

During weekend you can have some date with your husband and during night time have some heart to heart session or fun night with your husband while your kid is sleeping. Date him out for dinning or movie and also booked a hotel for weekend getaway . Remember no matter what happen do share it with him and kiss your husband day when he work and night before bed. For me i m married for 4 years and without fail my hubby and I still do practice that. Each month he will have a getaway with me a staycation is fine as both of us only have our weekend free and time spent are really very limited. And without fail before heading to work and bed time both of us will have kiss and hugs and of course the 3 powerful words be it saying out or texting it still mean alot. Sometime you guys can text each other as if you are still dating.. and during lunch time we will call each other and chat for about 3mins ... Before and after lunch .. That's fine to have a short chat everyday..

Read more
VIP Member

1st learn to accept the separate anxiety with your kids 1st. Soon, you will be able to go on a movie date without the kids. (Go more with kids, if your kids can't sit through the movie, soon you will feel no kids is better.) Of course, if you have budget, have more holidays and staycation. Will tend to feel different when we are away from home. Do go out more often even though with kids, have more talks about different things, dun always talk about kids. Once communication stop, that it.. Always have things to talk on.

Read more

Same here... husband is now third priority after my two kids. Lol How to keep the fire burning? 1) Find a trusted babysitter or nanny for a day to get a date night to movie, or a date night in romantic dinner. 2) After your child sleep, you can spend more time with your hubby some personal intimate time. 3) Always give each other hugs and kisses. That's what i practise nowadays although my hubby is in my third priority. Lol

Read more

I'll keep your suggestions in mind. Sometimes I feel guilty that I've taken my husband's needs for granted. I ask him once in awhile if there are things that I need to work on. Good to know that he hasn't felt neglected.