how to avoid middle child syndrome

How can i avoid neglecting my second child? My 3 kids are 4, 2 and 3 weeks old currently. With my first, i got to spend a full 2 years with him before diverting my attention to my second boy. Even now, we get to spend time together when i bring him for enrichment classes (no 2 had not started enrichment, just childcare). At night, i sleep with youngest boy while the elder boys sleep together with their grandparents. Somehow i feel that i am not doing enough with my no 2. It would also be weird to bring him out alone without my eldest boy as my eldest boy would insist to tag along. Can anyone share how can i better manage the kids such that i wont neglect my no 2?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Allocate one to one time with the first and second one as your first one is only 4. May be after your hubby is back from work you can play with the second one while your hubby can spend time with the first and then switch after some time. Lucky the grand parents are there to take care of the youngest.

Read more
TapFluencer

Carve out a specific time with your second one. For example, Tuesday afternoons are date time with him and you spend time just with him with no distractions from the others. Let your eldest know that it is date time with second child

VIP Member

Always include the middle child in everything that you do, do not show any preference for the eldest or youngest child. Maybe gently remind your family members as well (:

Involve all 3 in your outings! Very tiring but it will be great bonding for the siblings!

VIP Member

Spend time altogether with all the kids I felt. Always acknowledge them.