My hubby suggested that we have a second one next year when my LO is 3 years old. (1) Is 3 years a good age gap? I am already struggling to take care of my LO now. I can't imagine to have a second one. :p (2) How do you all manage to cope with two kids with such an age gap, considering the first one is still quite young? My LO is quite needy now. (3) My hubby suggested to send my LO to childcare and hire a maid when the second one comes along. I am afraid my LO will feel neglected if that happens. How do you ensure that you give fair share of love and care to both kids?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi dear, honestly im not fond of kids. I worried very much when i knew i had my second. Despite the planning, planning may not work according to what we hope either. In any case, back to a basic question how did we bring our kids up, does anyone know? Many times we just did it, there is ano manual to teach or guide us. Its natural. I did not like my no2, i hated him as well. But as time passed, i fell in love with him. How? I really dont know. But i guess we can always try our best, ask hubby to help. As much as you can speak with your older child, get him to help taking pampers for baby and take part in the activities as well. No one ever said it was easy, but its all worth it. If we dont, who would? You will get the hang of it after a while. Honestly, i have no friend, famiky nor can i afford anyone to baby sit. Its just me, myself and hub. Its impossible at times but somehow i pulled through. We have too :) not forgetting keep talking to your older child as well, make it an enjoyable experience for all of you. After all its meant to be bundles of joy!

Read more

1. 3-4 years is a good age gap. 2. Your first at 2 years old will of course be needy at this age. But they say when he's 3 or 4, he will start to be more sensible and easier to take care of. At least, he can communicate and understand you better so you can educate him about his sibling better. 3. I'm a mother of 2 and I admit there is some neglect, in the way that the first now gets half your attention, and the second already gets only the other half from birth. I make it a point to put both together and do activities with both together as much as I can. Sometimes, I spend time with the first alone to make up for the lesser attention. Don't worry! I think having a sibling is always better for the obvious and usual reasons. It will be hard on you in the first few years, but it will pay off when they are older and you will be glad you made the right choice. 😊

Read more

Hi Mommy, before I had my first born, I never knew I could love so much. So I did. 😍 When he was 2, we unexpectedly got pregnant. We were surprised and excited of course. However, I was worried, I love my first born so much what if I can't love my second born as much? I'm not ready, what if I am biased? Etc etc. But I assure you, all these thoughts will come to past. When you hold the little baby in your arms, you'll know how to love and you'll know how to manage. Your first born will come to love your second and third and fourth as well as you do.

Read more

I had my no2 when my boy is past 3yrs. I think is a good age gap. U can send your child to childcare or maybe a couple of hours playgroup. U have to tell your no1, if u are expecting no2. Let no1 know that he/she is going to have a sibling soon and see wat is the reaction. Always shower no1 with a lot of care and love and attention!

Read more

3 years is a good age.. or more. Once you have #2, you will be exhausted twice as much. #1 will learn to adapt with #2. But I need to give as much attention to #1 too. If the maid looks after #2, you can have "dates" with #1. Just make #1 involved like getting diapers and wet wipes.

Sounds like you're not ready for number 2 yet. You should let your Husband know that you don't feel it's time. Maybe next year you can discuss it again, you may feel ready then.