How will you deal in laws who took a video of LO during bath time showing his private part despite husband and my mum who was bathing LO specifically telling them not to? My husband said he don't know how to bring it up to his parents for fear that they will be upset. I feel that even though my LO is still an infant, he has his own privacy and his private parts should not be photographed/videoed.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My FIL took a video of it and I was concerned as he was videoing the entire time when I was bathing LO. I was pissed naturally and was concerned about it being misused (not like they will upload online, but more like what if the phone got lost, and the video went into hands of others who might use it otherwise). May be thinking too much but I will rather play safe to protect my LO's privacy. FIL is not so tech savvy, so after I complained to hubby, he secretly went to delete it from their phone. No confrontation, FIL was just puzzled where the video went to.šŸ¤£

Read more

like u I dislike too and best part of the whole, my hub is the culprit cos he is too lazy to put a sticker over the spot. It post a danger to children if it was posted online and retrieved by some maniacs. You can talk to the in-laws nicely and explain to them the risks it will lead to if not handle with care. In our country maybe not so much of such children sex abuse... but doesnt mean it is not happening.

Read more

Frankly baby doesn't know and doesn't mind. No real harm done to baby. U can remind them not to post it online - most people take it for keepsake. So just let it go. There are more important things than this to discuss about baby. If u bring up to forcefully, it will only make everyone upset and they will thin u are being over sensitive or whatever. So just let it go

Read more

It depends..is the video "for keepsake" or will it be posted and shared somewhere, somehow.. Since hubby is not comfortable to voice out, as the mother of my child, I'd tell them that I am OK with it being a keepsake..but not if it was to be posted nor shared..

Honestly if its not misused ill let it slide. Afterall im sure they love your bub as well. It was taken for memory sake. And definitely a nice memorial to keep.

I would let it slide - they are keeping it for memories - it's ok. Don't fight about petty issues

It's okay unless they post it everywhere and it's not censored.

for keepsake n own viewing ok, not to be shared online etc

thanks

VIP Member

i will just close one eye. It's for memory sake