First Trimester

How do you cope with your first trimester? Currently, I just feel so tired, nauseated.. I cant eat anything without feeling like vomiting. But I'm also hungry. What do you guys recommend? Update: Thank you everyone for the lovely reply and support! ❤

34 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm at my 13th week now. Still feeling nausea. Mine was so bad that I had to quit work completely. Other than small meals and small sips of water, what I found the most helpful is just rest and sleep. I'm thankful hubby was supportive of me quiting cause I was retching and vomiting easily 15 to 20 times a day if I'm moving around. If bed rest, is tremendously reduced to just about 5 times of retch with no vomit.

Read more

I am currently at week 7, feeling super tired and slight nausea.. I try to sleep a lot (9-10 hours on weekdays, up to 12hours on weekends).. Go for frequent meals.. Whenever I feel slight hunger before main meal, I will drink some milk or eat a fruit / some biscuits.. Less nausea recently.. Try to limit oily creamy and spicy food which will worsen my nausea for me

Read more
3y ago

oh dear. make yourself some ginger honey tea. it worked like magic for me

Super Mum

Have small but frequent meals. Just to make sure the gastric juice don’t act up, otherwise will feel more nauseated. Thats what I did, as I had the same symptoms as you. Tired, sleepy, nausea, no appetite but then hungry... 🤷🏻‍♀️

VIP Member

Have small light meals, some of my friends take biscuits, cereals dry food that makes them full but not bloated. Some of my frds prefer hot soup, noodles, porridge in small portions. Hope it only last for ur first trimester. Jiayou!

i too feel tired, nauseous, little/no appetite, eating very little that I am not sure if I am getting enough nutrients. i have been surviving on milo oats and mdm ling tau sar pau. :/ when will it al get better?

my first trimester was bad. until i couldn’t eat and drink, i took small meals and my gynae recommend me this medicine which helps me alot. i forgot the name. you can try ask your gynae to prescribe you vomitting meds.

Have more rest whenever possible and sleep early. Its not easy, but try not to have an empty stomach, so have some biscuits or snacks. Can try sour plums orsour candies to ease nausea.

Hi dear my first trimester was bad too. Maybe you can try plain crackers (i got the Meiji ones) and apples. That’s pretty much what helped me got through my first trimester. :)

I feel you, would always feel so nauseous and unwell. I took hot chocolate with oatmeals, meiji wholemeal plain crackers. These 2 were like my best comfort food!

try those oatmeal hot drink or milo with biscuit, when i feel nausea i stop eating and walk around then when it goes away i take another bite and keep repeating 😂