How do you cope with separation anxiety? My friend is now going back to work after giving birth to her now 2 y/o baby. She's been telling me how difficult it is for her to be away for long hours from her little one. However, she needs to work to be able to support her baby.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Just leaving my baby for a while to finish off a few things makes me miss him so much. How much more if I had to leave him for hours? I can only imagine... That's a tough situation she's in :( but honestly, she got to be strong just so she can overcome it. Just think of the good things. Relax, tell her she's not leaving your child for a lifetime. :) and always keep in mind that whatever she does at work, it's entirely for her baby and family's needs.

Magbasa pa

I just didn't know how to handle it. Like other moms, I also ended up quitting my job and be a stay at home mom. I get too paranoid and sad every time I leave for work so it didn't do me any good. For those who have overcome it, I salute you. After 4 years of being a stay at home parent, I still don't have plans of going back to the corporate world.

Magbasa pa

If I may suggest, weeks before she goes back to work, she can start doing some stuff while the baby is with the Nanny, parent or in-laws. For example, go to the salon by herself, watch movie with the hubby, dine out with the baby at home. My wife did that before. Of course, the anxiety will still be there, but somehow, it'll be lessen.

Magbasa pa

Oh no.. One of the most painful things I had to go through after I had my first child. I wasn't successful in coping with separation anxiety. Same with Aisa, I decided to be a stay-at-home mom for several months and finally I was able to land a home based job. So happy to have experienced the best of both worlds at the same time. :)

Magbasa pa

Here are some helpful tips: https://ph.theasianparent.com/ways-to-cope-with-the-end-of-your-maternity-leave/ From experience though, it really sucks to be away from your little one. Think solution and not problem: do your best at work so when you get home, it's really quality time with your family.

Magbasa pa
8y ago

I agree with you miss dazzle.. I'm doing the same thing..when I'm at work I focus on my job and make sure that every time I left nothing will impede a good working flow.. I finish the job as much as possible ahead of deadlines so I can manage my time more.. when I am finally home, I give my full attention to baby making sure each chance is a quality bonding time for us.. no work-related stuffs, checking cellphones and the likes.. it's me-her time every second..

Pero hindi din ako nagtagal, but i got sick and i have homebased job that time na pwede ko naman pasukan ulit, so I've decided to work at home na lang since my husband and I are both working in a call center. :)

Some moms just can't handle separation anxiety. She has to gauge herself if she still can go back to work. Otherwise, she might need to check out other options like working from home.

Felt the same way before. Ang lungkot ko talaga everytime na aalis ako ng madaling araw to work at aalis sa tabi nya then morning na uuwi. Kaya lagi akong atat umuwi! :))

Separation anxiety was painful, especially for my kid. Went back to work for only a couple of weeks then quit. Im now doing part time online job. :)

This is so difficult. I end up looking for a homebased work nalang instead of going to office.

8y ago

hi mommy aisa, may i ask whats your homebased job? i am a single mom and im looking for better ways on how to earn and be with my child at the same time.