9 Replies

Super Mum

Steaming is better. You lose a lot of nutrients in the water when you boil. Was the mashed carrot mixed with anything else? I’m asking because allergy to well cooked carrots is highly unusual.. or was it undercooked, by any chance?

It was steamed properly; mashed and mixed with organic powdered brown rice. She had the brown rice without any incident, 3 days prior taking the carrot. It’s only the 2nd food we intro and she had this. Now we’re kinda wary to intro another food. 😢

Super Mum

Try apple puree:) carrot allergy is usually with raw carrots (pollen-related).. so it really is unusual. If you want to retry carrot, try again in 2 weeks, and on its own, plus very small amount. Can buy the Gerber brand one.

Yes, will definitely try again after some time. 😊

VIP Member

Hi... I steamed carrots and sweet potatoes for my toddler. If your daughter developed rashes after eating carrots, she might have some allergies. Please bring her to see a pediatrician

Most likely ur baby has allergy to carrot. Need to stop feeding mashed carrot and see pd soon. For sweet potatoes and apples etc, yes steam it before mashing.

Steam is better. Boiling will cause all the nutrients to be lost in the water

Is the carrot related to her allergies Sounds like she has allergies Check pls

Not so sure because it’s actually only the 2nd food that we introduced. And it’s the first time she had this bad of a rash, which was all over her body.

VIP Member

We steam them using Philips avent then mash after steaming.

VIP Member

I steam my baby's food.

Steaming is better

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles