Hi parents, may i know when you start training your kids to brush teeth?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When my baby is still young, I used dental wipes for baby such as the brand 'ToothTissue" or Spiffies. 'ToothTissue" is N.P.A. certified, natural, fluoride-free, paraben-free, and contain xylitol. It is recommended that we can clean baby using dental wipes even before the teething to help teeth grow healthily. When baby is older, I use pigeon steps brush (3 steps). Make the brushing a fun activity by singing song.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

You can start "training" your child the moment he has teeth or even earlier. There are different starter toothbrushes and the idea is to let them understand the purpose of brushing their teeth. Children love to mimic, so you could brush your teeth together with them. Pigeon has a good range of starter toothbrushes. http://www.pigeon.com.sg/product_uri/oral-care/training-toothbrush/lesson-1-2-3-set/

Read more
Post reply image

You can start brushing with toothpaste when they are around 2-3 years. You can actually start using a soft brush even before that when they begin teething. Once they gain control of spitting you can use a little toothpaste.

VIP Member

Around 2 years is good enough age. But make sure the paste contains flouride which is healthy for the teeth

thanks

TapFluencer

From age of 2.5 and onwards

when she/he got teeth..

Around 2.5 yrs old