8 Replies

Hello there! Having experienced PPD first hand, I think you may be showing signs and symptoms. I know that it's hard but just hang in there. It's also best if you can find someone whom you can openly share your thoughts to. When I gave birth, my partner wasn't there because he was too busy with work while my mom doesn't believe in depression. She kept on telling me that it's only in my mind. What kept me fighting is my darling daughter. Eventually, my partner noticed it's toll on me and he took part in my healing. Before anything else, ask yourself if there's any root cause to your depression. Because to recognize the problem is usually the easiest way to heal. You see, at times like this, we need all the support we can get. So I highly suggest that you reach out to your friends and family, specially your partner. Also, find your anchor. Because that will be the reason why you'll want to keep going. If everything feels like it's too much, you can opt for medical assistance. Now keep in mind that not because you opted for medical help, means that you're crazy. It actually means that you're strong enough to recognize that you need help :) Again, hang in there. It'll all get easier eventually :)

Thanks mummies ! Will find the strength n gt well for the sake of my daughter ..

Hi there, on the surface it does sound like postnatal depression but I feel there is much more going on, so much more underlying issues that is contributing to your negative feelings. The fact that you used to cut yourself and now turning to pain (from tattooing) is uncovering deeper rooted issues. In cases of mild depression, support and reassurance may be all that is needed from the patient's doctor and her family. Is there someone you can talk to regarding this? Perhaps your husband, or a family member like your mother, a sibling or even a trusted friend? If it's serious, medical attention is strongly recommended. After a full assessment, a management plan will usually include psychological support and therapy, and medications that are suitable for breastfeeding. KK Women's and Children's Hospital offers consultation and treatments for PND. You can email or contact them here: centralappt@kkh.com.sg || +65 6294 4050 Hang in there, Mommy! http://sg.theasianparent.com/postnatal_depression_in_singapore/

ya...sounds like baby blues or post natal depression...u need a therapist who talks to u not prescribe medication. u need acknowledgement and appreciation and that's why you r frustrated. everything has come on u. u feel literally cooped up and like there's no one supporting u or even bothers about u. pls ask ur gynac doctr to recommend a therapist for this. I used to suffer from this and I found that early morning around 8/9 am stand in sunlight for 10 mints. sunlight is called source of life. it has in it properties that help us in ways we still don't know or discovered. try it. u won't have much to lose...in this condition the biggest challenge is to get up out of bed tht trapped mode we are in. depression is never heredity more as it is environmental. pls don't cut yourself. both ur kids need u. no one can ever replace u. more than anything pls remember that each Problm gets magnified in our minds. in reality they are very very small and solvable. so pls allow time to take its turns. this too shall pass

Hang in there mommy. Yes I think feeling irritated and self-harm are the signs that you are undergoing PPD or Postpartum Depression. These feelings affect your day to day life to your family and most especially with your children. I've had that before, so i decided to speak with my husband about it because I am afraid of getting worst. One of my diversion is blogging. I started blogging way back 2010 even 2-3 posts to start with. I felt the ease of releasing all the stress, considering I don't have yaya at that moment. If that makes you worst, yes they are right that you can seek professional help so they can address your concern immediately and also joining parenting forums and groups can help you unwind since you can meet and sometimes mingle with other mommies out there whose been there. Hope this helps. Pray fervently for guidance and peace of mind and everything will follow. :) hugs! ❣

Feeling irritated can be an early sign. But if it goes away after you calmed down, then it means you are normal. If it dont go away and keeps it as a hatred, then you will need help from expert. I am not sure about tattoo. Normally after one tattoo, we will be addicted to get another one. When I was young, tattooing is something I am addicted, but I was a happy lass.

It looks like you're going through post partum depression based from your stories. Please seek immediate help from professionals. Open up to your family and friends too so they can guide you.

yes it could be a sign. do seek help early. as the way you describe that it's helping you to relieve the unhappiness is via pain. I'm afraid it will get worse. do seek help early

It wun go away , in fact it wil stay n gt worse aft another bad thing ..

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles