4 Replies

I had exactly the same issue, my boy is now 4 months too: Here is our routine: He sleeps around 9 on our bed and I will transfer him to his cot. I try to catch some eye-shut too and wakes up around 1am to pump (I now pump and bottle feed) and gives him his dream feed when he is sleepy or sleeping. Around 3-4am when he usually "wakes up" and lets out a whine, I will give a pacifier. Often, he will settle down fast and wake up around 5-6am for next feed. However, on days that he is so sober and whining non-stop, I will give in and bring him to the bed so all of us can catch some precious sleep. I will probably invest in bed guards when he can turn over. Heard many stories of babies falling over.

We co sleep with our children when they were 4-5 mths. We had to buy another mattress for my hub to sleep below so he can sleep better. My children definitely sleep better when co sleep coz they feel secure n is easier to latch them. My boy slept through at 4 mths old while my gal slept through only at 14 mths. It will be tough if all sleep in queen size bed. Do consider changing to king size or add another mattress.

It really is a challenge co-sleeping in a queen size bed. What my hubby and I do to have more space is that we sleep in a horizontal manner (though there is not enough space for the legs) then I sleep at the center so I can sleep beside both my baby and my husband. But eventually we will buy a king size bed then place the queen size bed in our baby's room :)

VIP Member

Will suggest to sleep train as co-sleep is really tough on us parents. I co-sleep for 8 months, really affecting my sanity. Especially back to work. So now we are trying to train him, still trying but once he sleep, we put him into cot.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles