We have been married for 14 years and have two kids, but my wife is increasingly getting involved in my kids life and studies. So much that she has started ignoring me. I feel very lonely. How do I get her attention back?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

unless u don't communicate openly you won't be able to help yourself. she feels shes doing her bit of being a good wife who ensures all chores are done and kids are fed and their education is looked into. shes used to this routine and if this routine is disturbed it will add to further woes from her towards you as u would have walked into her domain so to speak. it could also be that there's a trending in amongst her friends as to who is a good mother...and due to this unsaid competition, shes trying her level best to ensure that the kids get the best clothes, best food in Tiffin's, best pot luck dinners, best kids in dancing, singing, sports, projects, homework etc. if this is so then she may not be getting enough appreciation at home. hence random acts of appreciation will help like just getting flowers for her without any occasion or a message of love on her phone or some place where u know she will see, giving her a day at the spa or as others have suggested to take her on a date etc...there are many things u can do instd of feeling lonely. shes bound to notice it ask u. use that opportunity to reason with her and come up with a time slot for the both of u...train ur kids to make small gifts like card etc.to thank her.

Read more