20 Replies

Super Mum

Not sure why your gynae would mention it, I'd say it's more important to look at baby's weight rather than yours. I gained 16kg at the end, gynae never said anything. Unless you have gestational diabetes or have an overweight baby, I think you don't need to watch your weight so much. Eating healthy food, plenty of green veggies, lean meat is always good though

I was quite surprised when she mentioned it. But to me, baby’s weight and growth is most important. I don't mind the weight gain

What was your weight pre pregnancy? 8 kg is supposedly a good weight gain if you're in the healthy bmi. I gained 12 kg and my gynae didn't say anything and I'm only 7 months in. But you can do light exercise, brisk walk or prenatal yoga. Cut down on high sugar food. Eat a balanced meal.

Pre pregnancy was 60kg

VIP Member

Reduce rice intake and increase fibre and protein intake instead. Avoid sweet stuff as this will cause baby overweight. Go for light walk daily to burn out some calories too.

VIP Member

My gyane also ask to watch my weight. Ask me to cut down carb and basically eat healthy diet like the food pyramid :)

8 months preggy, gained 11kg and my gynae alrdy nags. I also have GD :( yeah need to eat healthier

TapFluencer

Just eat normally I gain 22kg gave birth my girl at 36+5 weeks she's came out at 3.2kg.

TapFluencer

Watch sugar. I had normal diet but reduced my sugar and fast food and instant food.

Gain weight is better than no gain weight... Unlike me... I dun gain weight...

I thought so too actually! I mean I don't even bother as long as baby is healthy

VIP Member

Omg. I gained 15kg till date already. I’m currently 35weeks😬

8kg is consider less. Btw dun stress urself. Try to cut down carb

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles