how to treat jaundice for 1 month old baby

Hi guys, anybody knows how to treat jaundice at home except expose baby in sun? Thanks

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

By now, if baby’s gone for all the jaundice checks and the liver test is okay plus the jaundice level is on a downward trend, there’s no need for you to do anything special. Just keep baby well hydrated (feed on demand and top up when necessary), and the level will come down on its own:)

5y ago

I see. Was the direct bilirubin level (liver test) normal? They should have tested this.

VIP Member

U have to keep ur baby in light in day n night .. always expose to light 💡.. better keep him in early sunrise n sunset for better results .. as I hv done the same to my baby

VIP Member

my mil bought a packet of yellow thing from medical hall. idk if it helps but my baby jaundice level going down. Dr say drink more bm helps too

The key is get baby sufficiently fed with milk to flush the jaundice out through the stools and aim for yellow mustard stools.

We did all sorts of stuffs like sun, bathing in the yellow powder, even bathing in a little of Guinness stout.

5y ago

Will bathing a little of Guinness stout helps?

Tmc yellow flower. Suntan 10mins every morning. It works for my LO. My LO hit up to 230 that time.

Vit D drops for infant. My doctor had prescribed for my baby when he was close to 1 month.

VIP Member

Buy jaundice flower from tcm shop n bathe LO with it

5y ago

Hope this will help to bring the level down. Going to buy today. :) Thank u

VIP Member

Tmc flower. Morning or evening suntan

VIP Member

Thanks dear for all your advice. :)