Rant

It's so frustrating when colleagues in office are sick (cough flu fever and whatsoever) yet refuse to wear mask and still come office spreading virus. End up yourself need to wear mask to prevent being infected. Sometimes I wonder if I can just go to get mc and excuse myself to come to office in order to avoid those irresponsible sick people.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, I feel you! I've even told them to wear a mask to prevent the spread of infection, and they still ignore me. I've learnt the best way to protect myself is to wear a mask myself, and then very sarcastically tell them that I'm protecting myself against their germs because they're not considerate enough to do it themselves...

Read more
5y ago

Haha yah, some people just don't care. They said stuffy wearing mask.

It happened to me before too. A bug was spreading and those who were sick were not wearing masks. Then I wear lor. When people ask, I’ll just say it’s to make sure I don’t catch any germs. Some get the hint lah. But in a way, it also encourages others to start wearing masks too

I understand how you feel. Had a colleague who apparently has crappy immune system and gets the cough bug quite easily. Doesnt have the decency to even cover her mouth when she coughs lor. So sickening. Indirectly hint at her to be more hygienic but she doesnt seem to get it

I totally feel you. My colleague with hfmd came to office knowing he has it. And there’s 2 case of influenza at my office. I’m so pissed off. So in order to protect myself and my baby, I will wear mask to office.

Agree. Lucky at my workplace, my TL insisted my sick colleague to go home and extend his MC or work from home. Cannot stand people who are coughing and coughing but refuse to wear the mask.

Super Mum

In Sg its not common practice to wear mask I think. Can you either stay away from them & don't touch them or just give them some masks? If you don't touch/stay nearby the virus can't spread

I feel u. Especially those tht coughs with phlegm. Eww! And they are contagious at tht time and doesn't even want to cover their mouth. Yucks. Stay far far away la, what to do. : (

5y ago

Yah, we need to wear mask to protect ourselves. Can't count on other people.

If really no choice, just take mc and rest at home. Wear a mask at work is to minimize catching flu from workplace.

try to bring a small air purifier to office, at least can help to suck viruses from inconsiderate people

True, colleagues should be responsible and not spread diseases throughout