Force to nap

Do you force your kid to nap in the morning or you just let them play till tired then nap?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It depends on how old your LO is and what time he/she wakes up in the morning... How many hours awake before you want kid to nap.. Usually, I will allow the older kid to play till tired then nap, but not in the morning, will be after lunch, following childcare timing, but with a cut-off time, need to remind them if they play and nap later

Read more

Depends on individual... If she wakes up around 6-7am, then will let them take a nap before lunch. You can also watch out for symptoms of tiredness... Rubbing his eyes, becoming less active, cranky etc

5y ago

yes, you can feed him after he wakes up.

I normally make it a routine for my 14 month old to nap. while the older ones enjoy their time. Make it i to a consistent routine and walla he is all set for that timing everyday to nap

It depends on how old your child is. My daughter stopped napping during daytime when she turned 4. It helped her sleep faster at night (and it also helped to set a routine for school).

Usually just let them play till they seem tired. It helps to burn off excess energy. But still, try to stick to a consistent routine for their nap time.

VIP Member

I let my LO take a short nap between 10 to 11am. She’ll get cranky if she don’t nap time before lunch. But honestly, I think it depends on your LO...

3y ago

Do they take a 2nd nap in the late afternoon?

VIP Member

Sleep is very important for growing kids so I made sure my daughter napped before lunch. but I guess it really depends on individuals

5y ago

Thanks. Coz before he naps/sleep he will drink like 350ml.. which is now the doctor’s issue. My LO’s percentile above 97. 😂 though i’m not worried. He looks ok to me.

VIP Member

I let my LO nap whenever she is tired. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

VIP Member

depends on the age of my kids. normally will just let them play till tired then nap