Aspirin during pregnancy safe?

hi all.. this is my first pregnancy and am currently into my 2nd trimester. The doc prescribed Aspirin to be taken every night. not sure what is it for. does anyone encounter the same thing too?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Perhaps you should check with your doc why he prescribed aspirin. Did you complain of any pain or aches? Doc sometimes may prescribed aspirin to relieve pain or as muscle relaxant. Do cut down on caffeine intake if unable to sleep at night, listen to some light music to help you calm down and relax, take a stroll in the garden if you are able to do light exercise. Stay happy and relax yourself :)

Read more

I was given that too,am pregnant with 2nh child and have history of premature delivery 10yrs ago.However,as I was skeptic and worried alot about side effects,I put it aside.Doc was unhappy when I told her I didn't take that aspirin.But well ,I just not prepared.so far I'm 29weeks,all is okay except the constant breathless and increase in heart rate!!!!!! Goodluck mummy.

Read more
4y ago

Hi, may I know what was your experience without taking the aspirin?

Aspirin is taken to reduce the thickness of the blood. Ur doctor probably prescribed you that because the baby may have low birthrate or risk of PE based on the scans that you did. However do take note that it has to be lpw dosage of aspirin. Less than 100mg/day.

Hi i saw everyone reply was at night tkaing aspirin but my gynae said taking after meal on morning. Its ok?

I am currently taking aspirin to reduce risks of pre-eclampsia. I take it once a day.

VIP Member

Aspirin is okay. Tylenol is not. Daily sounds excessive though