Aspirin in Pregnancy

Hi Mum's Wanted to check if anyone was prescribed aspirin during their 2nd trimester to increase blood flow to the placenta? Any advises on this as I was told in the fetal scan that there is a notch seen in my right and left uterine artery hence aspirin was prescribed so that blood flow to the placenta is proper and that in the later trimester it can minimise the risk of fetal undergrowth..can anyone share similar experiences?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi I was prescribed aspirin too for my 2nd trimester. I had post-delivery pre-eclampsia for my firstborn and always have high BP whenever I went for appts for my current 2nd pregnancy. At home, my BP is normal though. I also had protein in my urine on one of my visits in 2nd trimester. I’m about 29 weeks now, obese but have very normal baby development. I’m taking 1x Aspirin 100mg every night before bedtime around 9.30pm. Do make sure you have a light snack before taking Aspirin as prolong use can cause gastric discomfort.

Read more

i was given aspirin too during my early stage of pregnancy as dr claimed my baby is "smaller" than usual. but thank god now baby is growing as per normal.. (at 38 weeks+) its totally safe unless u have allergies to it and HAVE to STOP consuming when dr told u so or at 36 WEEKS MAX. cant consume later than that, told by my gynae.. but better check with yours, when to stop consuming! 👌😊

Read more

Hi, during my first pregnancy, I was told by my gynae that there was a restricted growth in my baby during my 2nd trim scan. Meaning blood flow to baby is not sufficient. Hence,was prescribed with aspirin & stop until about week 34. no side effects were experienced. Baby was born healthily on week 38.

Read more

In a similar situation as well! Started in my second tri due to blockage on both right and left and currently in my 30weeks. My right side has gone down to normal and left is also better. Was advised to continue till 35weeks! Sleeping on your sides and having the aspirin every night helps :)

was prescribed that all through to the last trimester, as a precaution for preeclampsia. think it may also have helped with blood flow to the placenta which I was very thankful for

I am in the same situation. Aspirin is safe and there are no side effects for me. Just follow gynae's advice and take it at night, same time every day.

I have been advised aspirin since i got pregnancy results to avoid pre eclampsia, as am 41.