12 weeks pregnancy

Hi I am currently12 weeks, my doctor prescribed me aspirin to start taking at 12 weeks .is it advisable has anyone taken before?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My doc prescribed me with aspirin too cause I had post-delivery complications for my first born. I had pre-eclampsia. And my first few appts for my 2nd pregnancy now I had high BP so was advised to take aspirin to prevent blood clotting and lack of oxygen to baby. I’m 20weeks now and started at Week 15 and I’m 34, obese and had protein in urine during last appt. Best to take if it has been prescribed for you. Only stop if doctor says so.

Read more
2y ago

tk u so much for replying. noted

My gynae asked me to take on my 3rd pregnancy after 2 previous miscarriages. I opted not to. I took black seed honey and Awja dates everyday till I gave birth. Gynae knows best but I just don't want any meds to be in my body during pregnancy 😅.

I was also prescribed aspirin at 12 weeks. Just as precautionary as I’m older and consider high risk pregnancy. A bit reluctant at 1st but nurses and doctor told me now is not about me anymore is all about the baby. So boh pian loh 😅

I m in week 6-7, my gynae also started me on aspirin. Ask her curiously, She told me it can help me with miscarriage prevention. So it guess it will helps with pregnancy. I m 38 this year and I got my pregnancy thru IVF

2y ago

noted with tks..sure will follow, I am also ivf pregnancy.

my doctor prescribed me aspirin too and I am 12 weeks 4 days and still not taking it,it's best not to take if you are not under the range of high risk pregnancy or high blood pressure. if below age of 30,best not to take.

2y ago

I m currently 40 years old.tks for replying

hi, yes I took aspirin from 12 weeks and now I'm at 30 weeks 4 days, if the doctor prescribed you to take it is better to take. I have a few friends also taking aspirin.

TapFluencer

I was on risk for pre-emclampsia & IUGR and was prescribed with aspirin to avoid complications. So far ok, baby is growing well at week 37 :)

Your doctor prescribed you aspirin probably due to risk of pre-eclampsia! Its safe to take to avoid having complications for your pregnancy.