Induced at 39 weeks

Any mummies have gone through induced labour at 39 weeks? I will be 39 weeks tomorrow and I have an appointment with my gynae tomorrow morning. I thought of asking for induction because I am feeling pain in every part of my body, especially my pelvic area whenever I walk or do housework. And I have painful cramps too. Really need some advice and thoughts here. Thank you.

72 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I was at exactly 37 weeks when i got checked by my OB. By then, I was already at 3cm. She asked me to go visit her after 3 days when I was supposed to visit her weekly to get checked since i started to dilate already. I came back after three days and got IE again where we found out i was at 4cm and yet tbere still is no sign of labour. She asked if i wanna be admitted i said no not yet i dont feel anything. Again, she asked me to come back 3 days after - 2 days interval for both follow up check ups she asked me if in case i undergo labour i head to the hospital. I came back again after three days and i am already at 5cm still not feeling any labour pains so my OB decided to admit me that day. She induced me. She also was the one who popped my water bag with her fingers! (Her skills are amazing). Going back! I got admitted at night and i still feel no labour pains so they decided to give me vials of meds that’ll help me go into labour. The pain started but it isnt much. Parang ung mga monthly dysmenorrhea lang natin. I laboured na after i got administered with stronger meds. The labour took 1 hour then i got sent to the delivery room where i delivered for 27 minutes! I can say, in my experience, being induced isn’t that painful but the recovery from the stitches will give you pain worse that giving birth. Maybe because my body went all through that shock all too fast and it’s my first born! Idk if it’s just me but i am thankful na rin na i did not feel the pain most mommy’s are telling me. That’s it just sharing my experience. Hope it helps.

Read more
3y ago

Hi mamsh same po tau 39 weeks napo ako and due date ko is jan.27 2021 feeling the same Pero false labour lang sya or braxton hicks po everynight.

Hi. I got induced at 39 weeks for my firstborn last year. She was born 2 days earlier than her EDD. I didnt plan to be induced but my baby's heartbeat dropped and stopped for awhile. The doc did allow me to go home and think abt it at my own risk though. But, i would never wanna go through induce ever again because it was sooo painful. My contractions was EVERY minute (cz i noted it down) for like 2 or 3 hrs until i decided to go for epidural. Mine was the one whr they insert inducing tab/pill in my V. I NEVER imagined it was done that way bcz my friend was induced by the drip. So i was TOTALLY shocked and kinda felt demoralised tbh. Cz i didnt expect it. But yeah. Probably ask your gynae what kind of inducing method will they be doing and make sure you are comfortable with it. Bestof luck and may you have a safe amd smooth delivery! 🌷

Read more
VIP Member

I would not recommend induce until 41st weeks. Inducing is x10 painful and if your baby is comfortable in your tummy why not? I would rather sacrifice my comfort for the benefits of my baby. I gave birth naturally when I was 40+2 (3.4kg). UNLESSSSS, gynae advise to do so due to any reason like baby on the bigger side, heart rate isn’t stable, baby is in distress or etc then yes I would. If not I would wait until my precious is ready. I myself had the same issues with pelvic pressure and difficulty in sleeping or doing housechores but somehow I manage to get myself through it because I kept thinking about baby, wanting the best for her.

Read more
4y ago

Totally agree! I would opt for non-induce had I known it was head banging pain

I just gave birth last week at 39 weeks. I was induced bec my baby was estimated to be 3.9kg but his actual weight was 3.58 kg. I was admitted starting at 3cms. It was very painful and i labored for 24 hours. I asked for epidural at 6cms. What i did days before the induction was i did a looooot of walking of course, and gulped down pineapple and evening primrose oil 1000mg 3x/day.

Read more

I had my baby induce too.. But if you are a Chinese I'm more particular about the auspicious dates the baby come out. If its not an auspicious day than I'll rather wait. Which I actually waited for another 1 week calculated by someone professional. Cos you won't want to jeopardise your children this life time just because of your impatience of the moment.

Read more
4y ago

Take into consideration the gynae’s advice too, if cause of the auspicious date and anything happens to the baby, it will be too late to regret for the lifetime.

Yeah mummies are induced for reason such as baby being too big. You are almost there anyway, hang on in there and be greatful that you have another week before all the motherhood episode starts. Be positive! And yeah listen to your professionally trained gynae instead of our discussions here 😀

VIP Member

Hi... my baby was induced at week 36 cause I developed pre-eclampsia. It’s was a terrifying labor. I can differentiate labor pain or is it just pain. I would suggest that you wait patiently for the baby to choose the moment that he/she is ready to face the world. Don’t induce unless it’s for medical reasons

Read more

Hi fellow mama, I can definitely relate and identify with your pain. The pain in the pelvic area may be partly due to the loosening of joints and that baby may be making his way down. The cramps could be Braxton Hicks. Might I ask if the pain is unbearable to a point where you cannot focus on whatever you’re doing?

Read more
TapFluencer

I was induced at week 39 also. My advice is, take the epidural early. If you want to feel the pain, just experience it for a while then take epidural before gynae comes to burst your water bag. Basically I dilated till 3cm and asked for the epidural. Baby came out naturally after 26 hours.

39 weeks today. 2weeks stocks sa 3cm (since 37weeks) .. hopefully tumaas ang cm today check up ko.. march 25 EDD .. no sign of labor padin 😣😞, puro paninigas lang ng tyan, lahat na gnawa ko. sqaut, lakad, inom primerose,pineapple. sana mkaraos na tayo mga mamsh 😊

3y ago

Ganon din ako momshi 2weeks na stock Sa 2CM mag due naku Sa May 12 no sign of labor pa din