39+5 and no signs of labour

Hi mummies, I’m currently 39+5 and no signs of labour. My gynae wants to induce me tomorrow (39+6) because he says risk of stillbirth increases after week 40. But I’ve heard that induction often fails and it can lead to a long and difficult labour. Any mummies had experience with induction? It’s really scaring me now

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi I was technically induced. Cos I thought I had my mucus plug out end up it was just shedding of my womb lining in preparation of my baby's arrival. They had to burst my water bag and everything. I end up doing vacuum . But hey everything was fine. Don't worry so much

The gynae wanted to induce me 1 day after my Edd but at I decided to walk a lot on my 39 weeks 4 days and went into labour the morning at 6am. So my advise is keep on walking as much as you can! Good luck!

4y ago

Tnx for sharing, walking is the key, i really agree on that...

VIP Member

I was induced too! First baby usually stays in longer, it wasn't as frightening as I thought. They had inserted a prostaglandin pill the night before and pushed me to the labour suite the next day.

VIP Member

hello, i was induced for my pregnancy due to my medical conditions. It was quite painful as I had low pain threshold so i also had epidural😅 overall it went well. My baby is born healthy (:

Same mommy.. 39 weeks and 5days. stuck in 2cm . No sign of labor. But my OB said she induce me in 40weks and 5days .

I am a success case study with induction. Dont worry. Everything will be fine.