Induced at 39 weeks

Any mummies have gone through induced labour at 39 weeks? I will be 39 weeks tomorrow and I have an appointment with my gynae tomorrow morning. I thought of asking for induction because I am feeling pain in every part of my body, especially my pelvic area whenever I walk or do housework. And I have painful cramps too. Really need some advice and thoughts here. Thank you.

72 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I would not recommend induce until 41st weeks. Inducing is x10 painful and if your baby is comfortable in your tummy why not? I would rather sacrifice my comfort for the benefits of my baby. I gave birth naturally when I was 40+2 (3.4kg). UNLESSSSS, gynae advise to do so due to any reason like baby on the bigger side, heart rate isn’t stable, baby is in distress or etc then yes I would. If not I would wait until my precious is ready. I myself had the same issues with pelvic pressure and difficulty in sleeping or doing housechores but somehow I manage to get myself through it because I kept thinking about baby, wanting the best for her.

Read more
4y ago

Totally agree! I would opt for non-induce had I known it was head banging pain