dogs

My father in law wish to adopt a dog and I am currently pregnant 8 weeks. Any advise ? Like pros and cons?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is fine. As long as u don't direct contact with their pee or s***. I have 2dogs at home as well. They r very darling and sometimes funny. It help to make ur mood feel great especially when pregnant you will easily feel moody. My dog will follow me wherever I go. Even I go toilet vomit, he just stand beside and see if i am ok. He will even jump on the bed to sleep with me. If I bring them for a walk, they will take care me more than I take care him.

Read more

I have a dog from pre pregnancy till now my lo is 2 months. My dog will nudge me when my baby cries and im away from the room. He's a good guardian even when i was pregnant. I think it's fine. Pets can help prevent allergies in children as well. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newscientist.com/article/2188610-the-more-pets-you-meet-as-a-baby-the-lower-your-risk-of-allergies/amp/

Read more

I love dogs and agree with all the comments about dogs being your best friend, therapeutic, and a mood lifter. However it depends if the dog requires training and if someone else is taking care of its meals, walks, giving it attention and general cleanliness. I did not have the energy or enthusiasm to take care and play with my dog when I'm pregnant :(

Read more

I've got 2 fur kids and they are the best! So long as you don't let them lick you all over your mouth and face, and remember to wash your hands after you touch them and before eating, you'll be fine! In fact, they will help to distract you from your pregnancy symptoms and relief stress! Dogs are the best!

Read more
VIP Member

So Long as you don’t have any allergy towards the fur it’s fine to me , I have my dog sleeping with me through my pregnancy,he treated me very gently as compared to pre pregnancy and seem more protective over me

A new pet might need some pee training and period of time to get used with the family members.... you might wanna re consider and with you husband about it

I think it’s fine? I’ve been living with my dog for the last 6 years and even though I am 7 months pregnant now, I still clean up after my dog.

If its his hse. Basically u have no say. However if u wish to adopt a pet pls think twice cos once baby is out, you won't have time for it.

Pros - it’ll be a great new addition to your family. Cons - need somebody responsible to take care of the dog, it’s really like a kid

It’s fine, my dogs have been with me many years. I am currently pregnant with no 2 and I am still cleaning up/taking care of my dogs.