anyone know during pregnancy can have dog?

Can anyone know can I adopt a dog during pregnancy? Old mum was saying not good, but I want to have a dog to accompany. Any advice?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was staying with my PIL and my SIL who is pregnant the same time as me throughout the pregnancy journey. And my SIL kept a pet pug with us. I think there are no issues. The real headache came when baby was born and responsibilities for the pug dwindled. Because of confinement and pre cautions about sanitation when handling your NB (you wouldn't want any fly away fur to cause sensitivity to your nb nasal passage or into your sterilising machine). And I'm sure you'll want to protect your lil bundle with extra TLC:)

Read more
5y ago

I will put in different rooms.

Yes, research shows that if u have a pet at home, like car or dog, your kid will probably be less prone to being allergic and have a better immune system. It’s the old mindset that dogs are dirty so no good. But actually, the converse is true. Especially when I think you’d bathe your dog often.

I have 2 furkids as well at home when before I'm pregnant and still living with me. can be tough to handle if they not potty train. they are like another toddler. they bark when there's deliveries which makes my lo cry. but I tink when my lo grows up,it would be fun to see them playing around

Im on my 11th week and I have 3 chihuahuas. Have to understand the responsibilities of having a pet before owning one. Yes they are my happy pills and awesome companions but you have to dedicate time for them too. Yes to adoption!

5y ago

have adopted. yeah thanks for encouraging me

VIP Member

Why not? I have 2 furkids at home and currently pregnant. No issues. Only thing to consider is whether you can handle a newborn and a puppy (if you get a young dog) at the same time. It’s going to be like raising 2 kids at the same time.

5y ago

the dog have came to my house before I got pregnant. I know the dog well. just that the owner no time for her so I took over. I just scared bothers after birth.

TapFluencer

Sure why not! I had a golden retriever even before I'm pregnant. When I'm pregnant my dog seems to know keep smelling my tummy and even protecting me when I bring it for a walk!

VIP Member

Not advisable, not because of superstition. Having a dog is a lifetime commitment. U won't have time for it after your baby comes out.

you dont get a dog just for accompany unless u are serious with adopting or ready to get one

TapFluencer

Its actually up to ur comfort level. Whether u will be allergic to dog fur etc

5y ago

not really allergic.

i have 2 furkids now and pregnant 17 weeks :) i don see why cannot~